Discraft Ace Race
10.20.2013 Sun 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Hole in the Sky DGC
Get ready to run it! The Flying Eagle Disc Society is excited to announce it will be the host of a 2013 Discraft Ace Race on Sunday, October 20, 2013 at the Eagle County Fairgrounds Disc Golf Course. The Ace Race is open to everyone – you don’t need to be a club member or a PDGA member, so come on out for this fun event! All ages and abilities welcome!
The goal of the event is to hit as many aces as you can. A special course will be set up just for the day, with holes shortened to make for the most ace opportunities. Every participant will be supplied with a fantastic player package that includes two discs you must use for the day.
The package, valued at over double the registration fee, includes:
- •Two copies of the 2013 Ace Race prototype disc: It’s a beginner-friendly distance driver… and it’s in premium Titanium plastic!
- •One Titanium mini Magnet: you’ve never seen one before, since they’ve never been made before!
- •Two reusable scorecards/bag tags: something else you’ve never seen before! We commissioned these reusable scorecards just for 2013 Ace Racers. With a pencil and a clean eraser, you can use your new scorecards for round after round. The first one is credit card sized… keep it in your wallet and you’ll always have a scorecard ready to go. It also makes a cool bag tag! The 2nd reusable scorecard is larger for easier use and up to six rounds of 18 before it needs erasing. The flipside has the complete 2013 Discraft flight chart for easy reference anytime. Stash it in your back pocket, in your bag, or use the punch hole to hang it wherever you like. We’re also including a pencil with eraser with your Ace Race player package, so you can start using these cards right away.
- •Two high impact plastic pint glasses: very cool!
- •One beverage koozie: silver on black, jack.
- •One tri-panel Discraft sticker: three stickers in one.
All of this is included with the entry fee, which this year is only $25!
Sign in and pick up your player package between 9 and 10 a.m. Players meeting at 10:15 with first round immediately following.
Two rounds of 18 holes, one throw per hole per player.
Holes are generally between 180 and 250 feet (55 to 75 meters), but may be as short as 100 feet.
Entry fee: $25
See the list above. More than a $65 value!
Rules of play:
Players are required to use the player package discs, and only these discs. If a disc is lost, the player has the option of using the second disc from the package. Only one throw per player per hole. All players should have their own scorecards and mark “A” for aces (a hole-in-one) and “M” for holes on which they hit metal.
After all players in the group have thrown, discs are picked up and the group moves directly to the next tee. Players keep their scorecards for round two, using the next line on the card to record the round.
The player with the most aces after 36 holes is declared the winner. In case of ties, the number of metal hits is used as a tie breaker. If a tie persists, a closest to the pin contest is then used to determine the event winner.
2013 grand prize for each event is a Discraft merchandise package, including a bag, eight new discs and a Supercolor Buzzz trophy disc. we may also offer an optional cash side pot for those who wish to participate, which is divided proportionally among the number of aces and/or metal hits.
To sign up:
Registration is now closed, however we may have a few extra spots open up as the event nears. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the wait list.
Registration for the 2013 Ace Race is now closed, however we may have a few extra spots open up as the event nears. Contact us at email@example.com to get on the wait list.